Thursday, November 11, 2010

Counter Assault Team


I think First Born Prince was 3-years-old the first time he figured out I would let him down as a guardian of his fine mind and perfect health.  He came home from a play date at his best friend, Alec’s house.  His tone was indignant.

“Mom!  Why did you let me eat junk?”

“What junk?”

“M&Ms!  Alec’s mom says they are junk!  Why would you let me eat them?”

Where to begin, little man.

It was a great reminder that he depends on me to take all the hits for him.  I hate being the master of “no” and giver of whole grain.  Sometimes I wish I did have a wire earpiece rigged to a team.  I could blame it all on the other end of the radio headset.  “Sorry, Charlie, I would let you watch that R-rated movie, but headquarters says, ‘Too violent.’  Sorry.”  “Me?  Of course I think it would be fun to stay up late!  But the director is all over me from now through Christmas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment