Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting into the Groove

Just dropped the boys off at a 120-acre Nature Center for a day of Outdoor Survival Skills camp. Lots of earthy-looking parents and very granola kids. Do you think the kids of hippies rebel by growing up to work on Wall Street? They leave home, chop off their hair, start eating junk food and focus on making money?

Last night we went to a BBQ. Very warm and interesting people with lots of daughters. The boys were shy at first, asking where the other boys were, but after an hour they were running around gleefully chasing the girls. Our host grilled tofu and veggies. Not a dead animal, can of soda or potato chip in sight. It was the healthiest party I have ever been to in my life. I do not think there was one chemical in the whole home. We had a fun time, meeting other families, faculty and local professionals. So far everyone I have met is purposeful, lifestyle focused, and has beautiful open minds…

1 comment:

  1. Oh, all my parties are like that!

    So I take it you are fitting in well?!

    ReplyDelete