Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We're Heeereee

We arrived late last night. Saw two deer at the tiny Ithaca airport, and then two more on our new street. I thought it was so enchanting until the boys asked me about hunting. I told them they have to eat every last bit of anything they kill. And I do not do venison...

My cat still trusts me which shocked me. I thought she would be hissing and pissing for weeks after kenneling her for a week in SD and then drugging her and dragging her on two flights across the country. But the minute I laid down on the bed last night after I let her out of her carrier, she jumped on my chest and wanted sugar. So much for worrying about kitty revenge...

So far Ithaca is Gorges! We are surrounded by lush green trees, fields, blooming flowers, country roads, incredible lakes, gorges, cool locals, kids who stayed for summer...and of course, the Cornell campus just begs to be walked, jogged, rolled, picnic-ed...

No comments:

Post a Comment