Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How does your garden grow?

Carrots, Broccoli, Pumpkins


While Charlie is off at Cornell Sports School this week, Sam is hanging out with me. This was not a fumble. I intentionally scheduled time where we could have a whole week just the two of us. He is growing up so fast. I am really trying to savor these last few (Dear God, make them years, not months) pockets of time.

I have been letting Sam choose the activities. First up was making a garden. He hauled all the bricks, then set them in a surprisingly symmetrical rectangle, supervised while I cleared and prepared the soil, and then we both planted the seeds. We had a fun arts and crafts session making the markers for the rows. Sam finished up by carefully watering his new babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment