Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Signs that I may actually be living in a fraternity house



Looking for my favorite yoga pants, lost somewhere in a sea of khaki and black, it dawned on me how quickly the sweet little piles of boys’ clothes have turned into stinky mountains of guys’ boxers, sweat socks, t-shirts and shorts around here. I realize my babies grew into boys, but looking at all these garments, it hit me, it won't be long before they are men. And guess what that means?









Signs that I may actually be living in a fraternity house:

1. dirty socks everywhere
2. powder room smells like a urinal
3. wrestling matches before breakfast
4. there is a ping pong table in the middle of my family room
5. food disappears faster than I can buy it
6. no one can say the words “breast” or “nipple” around here with a straight face
7. throwing trash away or clothes into the hamper scores you two points, unless of course, you make the shot from the hallway, in which case it scores you three
8. I have to beware of booby traps when I open closet doors
9. “All American Rejects” is playing constantly from the bedrooms
and the top sign…
10. I live with all men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Sigma ________?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'll have shoes everywhere, cat fights over the prom dress and curling irons left on overnight...

    ReplyDelete