Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Is it me?



From:  Real Simple
Subject:  If You Do Just One Thing:  Organize Your Earrings
Date:  August 2, 2010

I love getting the daily e-mails I signed up for from Real Simple, a magazine targeted at busy women trying to streamline their lives to make room for what’s really important.  I clicked on the link to the article, thinking it read, “If You Do Just One Thing, Organize Your Earnings.”  I was excited at the prospect of getting my personal banking under control in three easy steps. 

Your Keep-It-Together Check List
Prevent a mad morning search for your earring’s mate by displaying your hoops and chandeliers on sturdy wire attached to a pretty painted frame. 

I can see wanting to prevent a mad morning search for your human mate, but how would having orderly accessories help me?  There can’t possibly be that many women wanting this information.

I wanted to learn how to be more efficient with my money, not with dressing myself.  The Professor pays bills automatically.  I think it happens while he is sleeping.  All accounts payable are set up to be paid up to a certain amount.  If it’s over the pre-approved limit, he gets a copy of the bill e-mailed to him for review.  I am still dealing in papercuts and stamp glue highs.  I realize that is akin to getting on my horse and going over to the trading post to drop off some eggs as payment for the flour I got to make bread last week, but what do you want from someone who still reads the paper on paper?

That article is ridiculous and borderline offensive.  I know this makes me sound like I really do ride around on a horse to do my errands, but the article and Lady Gaga’s popularity are signs that the end is near.  I can only hope that it is quick, painless and happens before banks stop using paper checks.



No comments:

Post a Comment