Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why is Denny's trying to kill my husband?



The Professor sends me business e-mail every day. Sometimes he wants me to schedule something, other times he's requesting information. You can imagine my surprise when I got this today:

From: Professor
Date: March 9, 2010
Subject: You can use this in your blog: Why is Denny’s trying to kill me?

In the course of breakfast, I was asked:

Would you like a Minute Maid orange juice or another juice?

Can I interest you in a pancake popper appetizer? (since when does
breakfast include appetizers?)

Would you like your hash browns "covered and smothered"? (As if the
hash browns are not bad enough - smothered in cheese and gravy?)
---

Nice observation! Thinking I might be able to use it, I dragged it into my Save folder. Then I stopped, opened the e-mail back up and examined it more closely.

What was my husband doing at Denny’s at 9:27a.m. on a Tuesday? A) He usually mentions breakfast meetings, B) What type of business men meet at Denny’s?, and C) He was dressed rather nicely today, a bit much for a restaurant that has photos of the items you can order on the menu.

I remember this tonight when we are alone in the kitchen together.

"I didn’t know there was a Denny’s in Ithaca."

“I wasn’t at Denny’s this morning. That was from a long time ago. I was going through old e-mail drafts.”

“Oh. When did you go?”

“When I was in San Diego.”

“So, you have a friend that likes to eat at Denny’s?”

“I ate alone.”

If he was having breakfast with another woman, not only was the poor thing only treated to Denny’s but he had the nerve to be thinking of my blog throughout the entire meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment