Friday, May 20, 2011

Judgement Day




So, what if tomorrow really is the end of the world?  What are you planning to do today, tonight?  As much as I would love to take the end seriously, I don’t have time to call everyone I love and tell them how much they mean to me.  Although, with the time difference, it could work.  I am purging our house of stuff I don’t want to pack up and move back to California, and then taking my sons to the elementary school carnival this evening.  I am selling spirit wear t-shirts and working the ticket sales booth.  I’m really good at simple math.

This seems like a fine time to take stock of what’s important and what’s not.  Beyond family and friends, there isn’t much else that I worry about leaving behind and since I can’t pack any living thing except the dog and cat, I am focusing on the actual stuff I need to deal with.  I’ll spare you an ode to perfect wine glasses and rantings about the stinky odd-shaped bean bags I hate and limit it to these 10:

Important
1.     Photos
2.     Art
3.     Expressions of love the boys have given me over the years including but not limited to:  cards, paper flowers, macaroni necklaces
4.     Keepsake jewelry
5.     Excellent fitting clothes

Not Important
1.     Floral delivery vases
2.     Terrible books I was suckered into buying that I didn't read, nor ever will read
3.     Wonderful books I have read but not wonderful enough to ever read again
4.     Clothes that make me look fat
5.     Clothes that make me look like a man

Well, if I burn up tomorrow, please know that I love you and appreciate that we shared this one final blog entry together. 

1 comment: