Sunday, February 28, 2010

Predictions



Charming Baby is only six years old. It’s 10:15. He has been up since 7:30 and has already eaten:

2 bananas

1 head of broccoli (blanched, I was making it for omelets)

3 waffles (lots of syrup)

1 large oatmeal cookie

4 turkey meatballs

I can see him dancing around the kitchen out of the corner of my eye.

“Mom! I’m hungry!”

“Seriously?”

“Seriously!”

“Have a big glass of water and then wait five minutes. If you’re still hungry after that we’ll talk."

“Are you trying to starve me?”

He is tall and thin and has the energy of a Brazilian soccer team. Five minutes go by. A little face appears next to me.

“I’m ready.”

“There are hard boiled eggs in the fridge or a fruit bowl on the counter. Lunch is not until noon.”

“Humph. “ He settles on an orange.

I am not psychic but I foresee a trip to the shoe store in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment