Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dirty Little Secret


I broke down and took the boys to see G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. The last time I was seriously following what G.I. Joe was up to was when he was fighting Ken for my Barbie’s affection. He had a wonderful adhesive beard that you could take on and off, depending on the time of day, or your mood. I really loved G.I. Joe best. Not only did he have facial hair, but he was a little rough around the edges….enough to drive a Mattel girl wild.
It is rated PG-13 and I know the parenting police will think I am a terrible mother for letting my young boys see it. In my defense, they had been sick all week and it seemed like such an innocent little outing, really. Besides, the way they commando around here, there is no scene we could watch that they haven’t already created on their own in the backyard. I know that gun and next-generation spy and military equipment play is not PC and I apologize in advance to my children for outing them to their friends’ mothers. Sorry, guys, mommy’s blog is more important than pretending all I let you watch is PBS.
The cool thing was that I knew all the characters—how many Dukes have I purchased over the last 5 years? I know for a fact that we have several Ripcords and Snake Eyes lying around, locked up by some bad guys in a Lego hideout. The plot was predictable and it was chase scene after chase scene…but what is summer without an action movie, Sour Patch candy and a soda?
http://www.gijoemovie.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment