Saturday, August 22, 2009

If we took a holiday
...Took some time to celebrate


I am enjoying some quiet time on the last night of our European holiday. My husband, our two sons, my mom and I all took a cruise from Athens, Greece, through the islands and several ports in Turkey, and ended here in Istanbul. We just got back to the hotel after walking the streets during the first night of Ramadan…there were people, music and parties all over…
The trip was incredible. The only nerve-racking part was putting my mom into a Taksi last night. As the bellman loaded up her suitcases and I gave her a big hug, she all of the sudden seemed like a little girl that I was sending off with some driver who didn’t speak a lick of English in a very foreign city to an airport hotel all by herself…
Dear Allah, even though I drink, I do not pray 5 times a day, I only fast for secular reasons, and I will probably never make a pilgrimage to Mecca, I do, in fact, give money to the poor and I do believe there is a God, please keep my mother safe and get her back home in one piece. Thank you. P.S. If it isn’t too much trouble, could you also please make sure that I got a fair price on the rug I bought so my husband doesn’t get mad when he researches it, I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment