Monday, August 24, 2009

Rock the boat...Don't tip the boat over

The boys loved the cruise--it was one big James Bond adventure. Not that we had any Secret Intelligence Service missions to carry out but the British accents, jackets at dinner, zipping around on boats and leaping down alley ways in foreign cities were all they needed.



Athens


Nafplio


Santorini


Kusadasi


Rhodes



Mykonos




Istanbul



The holiday was everything we hoped it would be—beautiful islands, charming towns, historical tours...it was amazing to see so much of what I crammed for the night before my art history final. Our guide in Istanbul kept giving us pop quizzes and would act surprised when we couldn't tell him things like how long the sultans ruled the Ottoman empire. I felt like telling him, hey, if my memory was that good, I wouldn't need my 9-year-old calculating currency exchange rates for me at every cafe and shop we visit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a trip! We were in Santorini years ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete