Friday, October 23, 2009

A bottle of red, a bottle of white. I'll meet you anytime you want....


There is a sweet little wine shop in town--they feature boutique wines, imported from all over, and have a very well informed, friendly staff. I usually don't shop for rare wines --I don't want to fall in love with something I can't have over and over again.

But, this store is so great, I gave in. I started trying unique wines that may or may not ever be available again. I figured I would be better served to just drink and enjoy without worrying about replicating anything I might discover.


It has been a lot like letting Ithaca in to my heart. I have been savoring the gorgeous scenery and charming architecture and have met some really wonderful people (and furry friends), and am getting choked up thinking about leaving already.

But I am trying to learn from my wine lesson…so I will continue to have these adorable kids over, attend the tailgates of the funny guys from the business school, and hang out with the other moms of boys, bonding over bruises and basketball.

And I won’t be afraid to grab a special bottle of wine, go picnic by a waterfall in the middle of the week, and enjoy the amazing orange, red and gold trees...pouring an extra large glass for one of my new friends (furry or not).

http://www.redfeetwine.com

1 comment:

  1. Just a year in Ithaca, really?????

    That shop looks fab! Do they let you taste them too?

    ReplyDelete