Friday, October 16, 2009

October?!?

7:00am: "Mom! Mom! Look outside!"

Holy moley frijole.

7:30am: "Can we pleaeeeeease walk to school?"


Sure, why not?


7:45am We have an exciting trip to school.

8:15am: I return home to find the house all locked up, husband gone to breakfast meeting. No cell phone. No house keys. This place is sealed tighter than a maximum security prison. So as I am walking around the house, trying to find a window I can climb through, I start to notice all the other things that may have been surprised by the snow, too.






8:45am: I see that there is a phone in our sunroom so I am able to call husband and catch him right before his meeting.

9:00am: "Thank you for rescuing me. I am sorry about this. I know it’s lame I don’t carry my house keys."

Husband: "No problem. You’re lucky we live in Ithaca where everything is only 10 minutes away!"

Yes, lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment