Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Over the Falls in a Barrel



Upstate New York worked its magic yet again. A few weeks ago, my in-laws called, wanting a grandson fix, while at the same time, my friend from California let me know her hubby’s band was playing in Buffalo and we were invited to the show. We figured we could steal away for the night while Grammy & Grampy wrangled the boys. The band is one of my all-time favorites, so I was really excited to see them in a new, funky venue…


Our kind (and very talented) friend put us on the guest list which included VIP seating. Even though I cannot sit down during a Cake show (and please shoot me if I ever do), I found a spot to rest while we waited for the band to come on (yes, that is my cocktail)…



We partied like rock stars’ friends for the night. I befriended a girl with about 12 nose rings who was illegally taping the show with her phone. (Don’t worry, I made her erase it!) We were invited backstage after the show…husband was thrilled because he had never been “with the band” before…and was honored...thank you, G&V!!

I thought we were going to head home straight away the next morning but darling husband asked if I wanted to make a run for the border and see Niagra Falls. The last time I visited the Falls, I was 8-years-old and can only remember a loaner rain coat, floating around on “Maid of the Mist” and being awed by tales of the Daredevils going over the Falls in a barrel…


"Annie"--the first person ever to go over, 1901.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment