Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Pirate's Life for Me




“Would you pee off the side of a boat?” The Professor sounded serious.

“Who asked?” He doesn’t know the answer to this by now?

“I am trying to decide what kind of boat to buy and my friends said I don’t need a cabin if you’re cool with going in the lake.”

“Please don’t use me as a factor in your decision.” The last thing I want is a reputation as either high maintenance or a party animal. It’s probably too late on both counts.



Cayuga Lake beckons all ages to come play when the weather starts heating up. It’s barely 60 degrees out and already you can see the wind surfers, kayakers, and boaters everywhere--fishing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing, or just cruising around to any of the fun places to dock--the Farmer’s Market, wineries, restaurants, and Taughannock Park summer concerts.



“But I want you to actually come out on the boat with us.”

The Professor is worried I won’t embrace his new hobby. I don’t know why. I just moved to a place that has sub-zero temperatures and now he questions my support level? Maybe I need a cheerleader uniform.

“Don’t worry. I'll be a part of it.” Wild bass couldn’t keep me away from an opportunity to drag you around the lake by rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment