Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Secrets and the City



I am a little nervous about this post because I did something sneaky.

No, I didn’t swap out strawberries from my pint for better ones from another at the market or feign an injury to get out of chaperoning travel lacrosse.

I went to NYC to meet up with friends from La Jolla for dinner and a show and didn’t call my in-laws who live there. In my defense, I made this decision because I knew I was going to see Grammy & Grampy the very next day in Ithaca and wanted to just dart in and out.

So now I am in jeopardy of all sorts of horrible outcomes, the likes of which you’ll never guess unless you have been a part of the Jewish family guilt system.

Big thanks to Sabrina, Heather and Ali for inviting me and planning a really fun girls’ night. The show was pretty good, even if we did have to pinch ourselves to keep from taking really expensive naps!



I enjoyed my time with the ladies (two of them are in the book club that I sorely miss). Between the pre-theatre drinks and post-theatre dining, we managed to catch up on the past 11 months, check out some happening places, spot a star and solve most of the world’s problems…

Except the one about how to not offend your mother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment