Monday, January 18, 2010

Gifts from Strangers



Every once in a while, someone does something that stops me dead in my tracks. I think about their action, and tuck the priceless gem away, saving it for those days when I need a hit of sunshine.

It can be as simple as someone unexpectedly holding a door open, or surprising me by anonymously feeding my parking meter, saving me from a ticket. I’d like to believe we all inspire each other to take a little extra time, or give an extra bit, because positive energy feeds on itself.

So now, a plug from my blog: I made a donation to help the relief effort in Haiti and it was really easy and it took no time at all:

Text 90999 on your cell, enter the word “Haiti” in the message. $10 will be charged to phone bill and sent to the Red Cross.

Today is Martin Luther King Day. Why not honor his memory by doing something of service for people who really could use the help?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lisa, the world needs more people like you. I'm texting money to Haiti today.
    We do what we can..

    ReplyDelete