Sunday, January 24, 2010

R.I.P. Lizzie



First Born Prince has (had) two toads as pets. A true romantic, he was sure they were a couple and named them Lizzie and Rambo. I voted for Adrian and Rocky but didn’t win. Lizzie passed away at some point between New Year’s Day and this morning.

We had her boxed up and ready for a midday burial when I glanced over at the coffin and to my disgust, saw that the lid was askew and Lizzie’s body was missing. Lulu was laying on my bed, watching me, eyes at half-mast, looking suspiciously like she had just had a snack. What kind of cat eats already dead prey?

“Boys! Lulu got Lizzie’s body. Please find it! Today!”

Boys scurry around. I instruct them where to look. Thankfully, Lizzie turns up in one piece hidden under my bed. We also found a lost slipper, missing ski sock, two ping pong balls and some type of free snack voucher my older son was excited about.

Poor Lizzie. Not much peace for her at the mercy of a deranged clawless cat who thinks broccoli on the counter top is fair game. I gently tuck her little body into the cotton lined box, hope the ground outside isn’t too frozen and wonder if Rambo will miss her.

1 comment:

  1. Under your bed?! Lovely.Good thing you found her. That would have freaked me out.

    ReplyDelete